Beckwourth Fire District is also servicing the City of Portola.
- Fire Suppression is our number one priority: items below will be part of fire suppressionBuilding inspectionsFire preplanningPre plans will be addressed for all businesses as well as homes if homeowners would like to participate.Hazard mitigation
- All type one engines and type three engines have foam capabilities
- All fire department and apparatus fire extinguishers are tested yearly
- BFD will patrol the entire district and inspect all buildings and access points.
- Traffic control will be established during all necessary incidents.
Emergency Medical Services
- All of BFD’s apparatus is fully equipped with a full compliment of Nor-Cal EMS BLS response standard
- All BFD’s Personnel has a minimum standard to be trained as an EMR, BFD does give the personnel a one-year time frame to get certified
- BFD hosts an annual EMR class to certify department personnel as well as opens this class up to the reginal service area. (Registered with Nor-Cal EMS)
- Eastern Plumas Health Care Ambulance Crew is the primary agency for EMS Calls, BFD works side by side and assists EPHC
BFD responds to the following Emergency Calls:
Mass Causality IncidentsBFD District Maps.pdf